IFFCO-Tokio General Insurance was incorporated on 4th December 2000 with a vision of being industry leader by building customer satisfaction through fairness, transparency, and quick response. It is a joint venture between the Indian Farmers Fertilizer Co-operative (IFFCO) and its associates and Tokio Marine and Nichido Fire Group which is also the largest listed insurance group in Japan.
Motor Insurance Claim Process
All insurance contracts are based on the information provided by the insured in the proposal form. The proposal form forms the basis of insurance contracts.
Some important points, which would help you in the claims procedure.
- The loss or damage should be reported to the insurer immediately.
- On receipt of claim intimation, the insurer will forward a claim form.
- Submit the completed claim form along with an estimate of the loss to the insurer. It is preferable to submit an itemized estimate with separate values.
- The insurer will arrange for inspection of the damaged items to assess the loss. In case of major losses, a specialist-licensed surveyor is deputed.
- The insured has to provide the required documents to substantiate the extent of loss.
- In case the cause of loss is not established, it is for the insured to prove that the loss or damage has occurred due to an insured peril.
- On agreement of claim amount between the insured and the insurer, the claim is settled.
- Excess as stated as per the Policy terms and condition will be deducted from the claim payable.
In view of varied nature of policies, certain points distinct to individual policies, in addition to the above, are listed below: (Please note that the documents mentioned are indicative and based on the circumstances of the claim, insurer may request for additional documents)