Royal Sundaram General Insurance Co. Limited (formerly known as Royal Sundaram Alliance Insurance Company Limited), a subsidiary of Sundaram Finance, is the first private sector general insurance company in India to be licensed in October 2000 by the Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority of India. The company was initially promoted as a joint venture between Sundaram Finance, one of the most respected non-banking financial institutions (NBFCs) in India and Royal & SunAlliance Insurance plc, UK, one of the oldest general insurer in the UK. In July 2015, Sundaram Finance acquired the 26% equity holding from Royal & SunAlliance Insurance plc. Consequently, the entire 100% equity holding is now held by Sundaram Finance (75.90%) and other Indian Shareholders (24.10%).
Royal Sundaram has been providing innovative general insurance solutions to individuals, families and businesses directly as well as through its intermediaries and affinity partners. The company offers Motor, Health, Personal Accident, Home and Travel Insurance to individual customers and offers specialised insurance products in Fire, Marine, Engineering, Liability and Business Interruption risks to commercial customers. Royal Sundaram also offers specially designed products to the small and medium enterprises and rural customers as well.
Royal Sundaram’s Accident and Health claims process received ISO 9001-2015 certification for effective customer service delivery. The company has also won the “Celent Model Insurer Asia Award” for 2013 and 2014 for developing an intelligent claims management system to improve staff productivity and increased customer satisfaction.
Motor Insurance Claims Process:
As soon as a claim occurs, please call us at 1860 425 0000 or write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org, our customer service executive will be happy to help you with the claims procedure.
Please read carefully and understand the process of motor claim.
- Inform Royal Sundaram immediately and keep the following details on hand:
- Policy Details
- Contact Details
- Loss Details
- Please refrain from dismantling or repairing the vehicle before survey is completed.
- Survey will be arranged on receipt of claim intimation and submission of detailed estimate of repairs from the repairer.
- Documents that must be provided to the repairer/surveyor prior to survey:
- Duly filled and signed claim form. Please note that it is mandatory to update Aadhaar and PAN details. For company owned vehicles, signature of authorized signatory along with company seal is required.
- Registration Certificate of the vehicle along with photocopy. Original to be verified and returned.
- Driving License of the driver at the time of accident along with photocopy. Original to be verified and returned.
- FIR from police station if third party death/ injury or property damage.
- If the claim amount exceeds Rs. 1,00,000, we require a copy of your PAN Card along with a recent passport photo.
- Other documents may be requested based on the requirements of the claim.
- If all documents are found to be in order, we will arrange for cashless facility. You may collect the vehicle after completing a satisfaction voucher and paying any amount as required.
- For Non cashless claims (reimbursement claims), original cash bill or Invoice with cash receipt is required for settlement of claim.
- Vehicle may have to be produced for re-inspection, if requested by surveyor.
Please submit the following information while intimating a claim:
- Your Contact Numbers
- Policy Number
- Name of Insured person
- Date & Time of accident
- Vehicle number
- Make and Model
- Location of Loss
- Brief description on how the accident took place
- Name of Driver
- Place & contact details of the Insured Person if the person intimating the claim is not insured