In today’s age of consumerism, insurance requirements have expanded to keep pace with the increasing risks. Today we have wide assortment of risk coverage commencing from ransom to wedding, shops to assets, travel to vehicles etc… General Insurance companies have willingly catered to these increasing demands and have offered plethora of insurance covers that almost cover anything and everything under the sun.
Hence foreseeing the General Insurance business as a Sunrise Industry, Shriram Group has entered into this business and as a result Shriram General Insurance came into existence. Upto Sept 2012 it was a 74:26 Joint Venture between Shriram Capital Ltd. and Sanlam Limited (South Africa).. SANLAM is a leading Financial Services Group of South Africa with a market capitalization of more than $6 billion, established in 1918 and the Group demutualised in 1998. SANTAM is a part of Sanlam Limited, which is engaged in short-term insurance cluster and is the leading short-term insurance company in South Africa. Since September 2012, the stake of Sanlam Limited (South Africa) has been transferred to Shriram Capital Ltd. The overall team of SGI includes young and vibrant senior executives of insurance domain to handle Underwriting and Claim matters.
The business philosophy of Shriram General Insurance is to serve the largest number of common people (“Aam Admi”). The Group’s continued focus on addressing customer needs, nurturing talent and bringing a home grown technology platform while delivering to the underserved segments of the economy, has ensured strong growth & sustainability for over 3 decades. The Group’s vision is serving to the underserved and creating value at the bottom of the Pyramid.
SGI is redefining the service parameters of General Insurance Industry by ensuring that each employee understands the Slogan “BE INSURED… REST ASSURED” in its spirit and the customer has an overall pleasant experience. The company is giving special attention to the innovative products and application of latest IT developments in its operations.
SGI has been awarded “Excellence In Growth Award” for 2 consecutive year (2011 & 2012)
Thus, SGI is all set to become the FIRST CHOICE General Insurance Company of India.
Motor Insurance Claim process
Claim Intimation in few simple steps:
- Step1:-Please ensure that following Information is ready with you at the time of claim Intimation.
- Policy no. / Proposal no.
- Date & time of Accident.
- Survey location, where vehicle can be surveyed by our loss assessor.
- Estimated loss/ description.
- Driver name and contact no. along with DL details.
- Insured contact details.
- Step2:-Call at Customer Help Desk to intimate the claims. (Contact details are given below) Or Please download the CLAIM INTIMATION SHEET fill it and send it to our Help Desk. (Email ID email@example.com). Our representative will get back to you for further details and process.
- Step3:-Our customer support team will take the claim intimation and will provide you the claim reference no.
- Step4:-Once claim is registered and loss assessor gets deputed, you will receive a text message for the confirmation along with surveyor details.
- Step5:-Surveyor will contact you for the survey time and will conduct the survey accordingly. Please provide the REQUIRED DOCUMENTS with regard to vehicle type and suggested by assessor. (Please correlate the document’ lists with veh. type, severity of the accident and the requirement of the claim processing team in OD claim settlement)
- Step6:-Contact at our CHD /Surveyor when vehicle/property is ready for re-inspection if re-inspection was advised by surveyor.