Bajaj Allianz General Insurance Company Limited is a joint venture between Bajaj Finserv Limited (recently demerged from Bajaj Auto Limited) and Allianz SE. Both enjoy a reputation of expertise, stability and strength.
Bajaj Allianz received the Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority (IRDA) certificate of Registration on 2nd May, 2001 to conduct various businesses (including Health Insurance business) in India. The Company has an authorized and paid up capital of Rs 110 crores. Bajaj Finserv Limited holds 74% and the remaining 26% is held by Allianz, SE.
As on 31st March 2018, Bajaj Allianz continues to be one of the most financially robust insurers in the industry by maintaining its growth as well as profitability. The company has made a profit before tax of Rs.1,353 crore and emerged as the most profitable insurer recording a profit after tax of Rs. 921 crore. The company reported a GWP of Rs. 9,487 crore, which has grown by 23.41% compared to the last fiscal year.
Motor Insurance Claims Process
To register an insurance claim with us, you need to call us on the Toll Free Number – 1800-209-5858, post which you will receive SMS updates guiding you through each stage of the process.
The steps are mentioned below which you can go through to understand our insurance claims process in detail.
To locate a Bajaj Allianz Preferred Garage nearest to you call us at: 020-66439001/2/3. For claim register you can call us at our Toll Free number: 1800-22-5858 | 1800-102-5858 or, 020-30305858 (chargeable)
Note: Above numbers are available from Monday to Friday 9 a.m. to 7 p.m. and Saturday 9 a.m. to 1 p.m
Step 1: Register your claim
Register your claim by calling us on our Toll Free Number: 1800-209-5858
For Theft Claims:In case of a theft claim, file a police complaint immediately in writing and inform us on our Toll Free Number – 1800-209-5858.
If your vehicle isn’t found within 90 days, ask the police to issue you a Non-Traceable Report. This is an undertaking given by the police that they are yet to find your vehicle which you need to submit this report to us, post which we will start the claim.
Important To-Dos:Please read our section on Claim FAQ to understand benefits of Cashless claims* and Key points to remember while making claims.
Once the claim is registered, the customer support executive will provide you with a Claim Reference Number.
*Please note that the cashless claim facility is only applicable for Car Insurance Policies
Step 2: Send your vehicle for repair
In case of an accident, take your vehicle to the garage (if movable) or have it towed to avoid further damage.
Post which, the surveyor will inspect your vehicle damage at the garage and give an approval after the assessment.
You will be updated through SMS on every stage of the claim OR you can call on our Toll Free Number – 1800-209-5858 and quote the Claim Reference Number to know the status of your claim.
Step 3: Survey and Claim Settlement
Documents Required: Submit the copy of documents to the garage / dealer and get it verified with the originals.
For Accident Claims
- Proof of insurance – Policy /Cover note copy
- Copy of Registration Book, Tax Receipt (Please furnish original for verification)
- Copy of Motor Driving License (with original) of the person driving the vehicle at the material time
- Police Panchnama/FIR
- Estimate for repairs from the repairer where the vehicle is to be repaired
- Original repair invoice, payment receipt (for cashless garage – only repair invoice)
- Claims Discharge Cum Satisfaction Voucher signed across a Revenue Stamp
For Theft Claims
- Original policy document
- Original Registration Book/Certificate and Tax Payment Receipt
- Previous insurance details – Policy number, insuring Office/Company, period of insurance
- The sets of keys/Service Booklet/Warranty Card
- Original FIR copy of the complete theft report
- Acknowledged copy of letter addressed to RTO intimating theft and making vehicle ‘NON-USE’
- Form 28, 29 and 30 signed by the insured and Form 35 signed by the Financer, as the case may be undated and blank
- Letter of subrogation
- Consent towards agreed claim settlement value from you and Financer
- NOC of the Financer if claim is to be settled in your favor
- Blank and updated “Vakalatnama”
- Claim Discharge Voucher signed across a Revenue Stamp
Additional documents in specific claims shall be intimated separately.
For Third Party Claims
- Claim form duly signed by the insured*
- Police FIR copy
- Driving license copy
- Policy copy
- RC copy of the vehicle
- Stamp required in case of company registered vehicle’s original documents
Spot Settlement: If the loss is not much, we suggest that you avail spot settlement of claims through Bajaj Allianz Mobile Settlement Service.
- After completion of repair at a preferred garage we will make payment of the loss directly to the garage.
- You will only have to pay the excess as mentioned in the policy and the depreciation value, salv